Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Crocheted Birthdays



Good Morning, my crochet friends!
I might as well get up and face the day since I have been up before daylight today.
Thankfully, we didn't get dumped on with this winter storm.
WV is a little snowy, thats it.

The reason for my post today?
My Mom's Birthday gifts that I crocheted.

She asked me to make her a scarf, she had no suggestions so I made what I like. I also made her a set of 6 coasters with their own little bowl to hold them in.

Here are a few pictures....




I made the scarf with one skein of Red Heart Mulberry Mix. I softened it in vinegar, hair shampoo and conditioner. Once dry it was so soft. I think she is going to love it, its just a simple V-stitch.

Here are a few pics of the coasters....




Finally finished!


The coasters have a pattern from The Green DragonFly...


There is no pattern for the little bowl. I had to make it up myself.
I used Peaches and Creme cotton yarn for the coasters and bowl. It took one ball. 

I am super happy with everything and I think she is going to love it.
Both items were quick and easy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

I'll be back later with more yarny stuff!
Thanks for visiting with me today!





No comments:

Post a Comment