Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Crocheted Birthdays



Good Morning, my crochet friends!
I might as well get up and face the day since I have been up before daylight today.
Thankfully, we didn't get dumped on with this winter storm.
WV is a little snowy, thats it.

The reason for my post today?
My Mom's Birthday gifts that I crocheted.

She asked me to make her a scarf, she had no suggestions so I made what I like. I also made her a set of 6 coasters with their own little bowl to hold them in.

Here are a few pictures....




I made the scarf with one skein of Red Heart Mulberry Mix. I softened it in vinegar, hair shampoo and conditioner. Once dry it was so soft. I think she is going to love it, its just a simple V-stitch.

Here are a few pics of the coasters....




Finally finished!


The coasters have a pattern from The Green DragonFly...


There is no pattern for the little bowl. I had to make it up myself.
I used Peaches and Creme cotton yarn for the coasters and bowl. It took one ball. 

I am super happy with everything and I think she is going to love it.
Both items were quick and easy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

I'll be back later with more yarny stuff!
Thanks for visiting with me today!