Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Heart Fillet Block

Good Evening my crochet friends!

I have been working like a mad woman trying to get this heart filet block done. I am not really into hearts but this one spoke to me.  I think I am going to make a couple of each one, seam them up and make a pillow or throw for Valentine's Day, not in red or pink but in a soft camel silk sock yarn.
Its a little delicate to work with but it was perfect for this project!

I got this pattern from I'm Hooked!


Here is the link to the first heart....


Here is the second heart block with the link...



AND....
here is mine!


It's not blocked and I just finished it and snapped the picture.  The block is about 10X10 which is a great size for the block alone.  It would be beautiful in a frame with a pretty mat, or as a doily or coaster.  Placemats or runners even.  That gives me an idea I didn't think of...what about connecting them and making a Valentine Day runner for my kitchen table?
I think that would be sweet. 

I will show the other when I get it done. 
This is my 1st attempt at this heart filet.  It took me all afternoon but I have a lot on my mind and I couldn't keep up with the pattern.  Its an easy pattern but one you have to follow or your heart will be wonky. 
I think I am going to really like filet crochet. I love how the pattern appears.
I am pretty proud of it. 
Now, I can link it up!

Have a good rest of the evening.
It's crochet time!
Happy Hookin!

5 comments:

  1. A runner with those in tan would be beautiful on the table at my wedding!! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your right! I think thats a great idea. I may make a few more and turn them into a runner. Great idea! Thanks for visiting my blog.
      ~Crystal

      Delete