Monday, February 2, 2015

Easy Bunny!

 Good Morning, my crochet friends.

I have been gone for 4 days but I have something cute to show you that I made over this cold and snowy weekend. 

Since I am not into hearts and Valentine's Day, I decided to get started on Easter. I have a niece that loves dolls, any kind of dolls.

I wanted to find an easy crochet pattern for a bunny, and I found it!

Here is the adorable bunny I found on CraftElf.com


Here is the link for that pattern.


Here is mine.



Since this was a stash buster project ( I had to finish up this celery and brown, I am TIRED of it) I made my legs and arms the same color. I didn't realize until I got done that it needed something else.

A TAIL!

I forgot the bunny tail!

I was afraid I was not going to have enough brown, so I outlined bunny's legs and arms in the brown, and made him a green and brown pom-pom tail. It took about a 1/3 skein for each color. I used safety eyes, I cross stitched her nose, and used DMC floss for the whiskers.

Here is the updated bunny.




I think it's just adorable. It only took an evening, and I have never made a ball (for the head) before. The pattern says use a styrofoam ball but I just used a tennis ball. Next time, I will stuff the head.



He's a little disheveled this morning. 

If you are looking for a simple addition to a shelf or a child's basket, or even for your bed, make this little friend.

It takes a day.
It's adorable.
That should be enough!

I have 2 more to make, once people see them. They want one!

Thanks for stopping by today,
I have a few more posts to make.
I want to link up, reason for this short post.

Keep On Hookin!






2 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! I love how you outlined yours. Gave it a little more detail that really stands out! Printed out the pattern and put on my must make list...Hopefully this weekend! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! My four year old was looking over my shoulder while I was reading this, and she wants a bunny of her own now. :-)

    Thanks for sharing at the Yarn Fanatic Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete