Tuesday, November 11, 2014

New Mittens on Veteran's Day

Good Morning!

I have been crocheting like a mad woman for the past day or so. I started with easy slippers (previous post) and decided to work on a pair of mittens. Now, I didn't use my head for this. I dont know why I make things in pairs. They never turn out exactly the same on both items. I count, but somewhere there is always a mistake lurking. Last night when I went to bed I had what I thought were 2 finished mittens. Low and behold, this morning I woke up to a brainstorm. I took my scarf yarn (its real fuzzy, idk what its called...) and sc all across the bottom cuff at the wrist. It made them a little more festive, covered up some of my uneven edges. IMO, it worked perfectly. Now I have 2 finished mittens that I can wear when the temps here in WV get real cold. 

I want to give you the link to the mittens. There are several patterns and tutorials on Pinterest. Thats where I found this pattern. She breaks it down and its too easy. I just started crocheting so if I can do it, YOU CAN TOO!


Here is my finished project!


Don't laugh, they are warm!

Today is Veterans Day. Please remember our Armed Forces and those that have and are still serving.


THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment