Sunday, April 12, 2015

#BBSwap

Good Afternoon!

I have something I have been wanting to share but I had to wait. Now that everyone has got their basket from the swap I can go ahead and tell you all about it. I have been really wanting to share for weeks now, but couldn't. 

First off, let me say if the blog looks strange, its getting an overhaul and I am not pc minded so who knows what it will look like when I get done with it. Thanks for Joyce's help from PERFECTLY IRRESISTIBLE. If you need a blog overhaul contact Joyce. She has been super helpful and gave me a few great choices to pick from.  

For some reason, my pc will not back up bloggers templates or posts. I don't know why my pc will not open them. I am so aggravated. It's all I can do not to shut the darn thing, and leave it just like it is. If Joyce had not worked so hard on it, I would say the H+ll with it. I want a new look, and to move forward, so I put it behind me for a bit. I'll relax, and write this post. Maybe it will help with the stress. Not to mention, that I am on edge from the pain from hip to toe.

One to happier things...It's gorgeous out today. Finally I feel like spring has arrived. Bring It On!

Last month I signed up for an Easter Basket Blogger Swap through Rebecca from Re*Solve and Glitz N' Grits. They paired me with another blogger. My partner's name was Mary and her blog is Jingle, Jangle, Jungle. Mary was sending a basket to me. I got Angela, her blog is Baby Steps Through Life. It was so much fun and I had to share.  We show the boxes we got tomorrow with #BBSwap. So excited! Here is the box that Mary sent to me.

The opening...

This is the cute card Mary put in the box. I loved the lilac Easter grass. I forgot to put some in my box, forgive me Mary. 


First off, I pulled out this beautiful infinity scarf in turquoise, pink and grays. I don't know how Mary done it, but those are all my favorite colors. She could not have picked a more perfect gift for me than that. I love it. I have worn it a handful of times already. It goes with everything, but looks bad ass with a jean jacket, and matching jeans. I adore spring. I adore clothes when I don't look like Stay Puff the Marshmallow off of Ghost Busters. Seriously, that's how I feel in the winter. Like Stay Puff!

MARY, I ADORE THE SCARF! <3 <3 <3
Isn't the chevron just perfect? Love it!


Here are a few of the goodies that Mary knew to send, well, I filled out some questions for her. I have to say, she made all the right picks. I love tea. I have been drinking it since I was old enough to stand at the stove and boil water. No microwaves then, nope. (I am 42) ;-)


The peppermint tea I have always drank. I always have a box of some kind of mint tea. Its a nice pick me up and did you know that it will de-puff your eyes? Its herbal, no caffeine but the mint will do the trick. Chill them for a bit and let them rest on your eyes for a few. It works for me, yes, I do this at home. 
There was also a box of Tazo Chai tea. I just found out how much I like Chai tea recently through a Tazo House Party. You make it with milk, its Indian tea and it is delicious, its just not the usual spice tea I am used to drinking. My exotic food pallet is not that refined...HA! I say that like I have a pallet. I think orange cheese is a food group :-)
The last and the best of all is the Double Dark Chocolate Ghirardelli Hot Cocoa. This was so delicious. Made with milk and frothed a bit, it was heaven in a cup. I had to add a tad bit of vanilla, and a dash of sugar and it was perfect. I did not put topping on it. I wanted too but the red bathing suit I just got in the mail was looking right at me. I didn't do it. I STILL want to, thank goodness that bag of hot cocoa didn't last long! HAHA! 

All of this heaven in a cup was special to me. Every time I get out a tea bag I think of Mary and what her blog is featuring. I love Mary's blog, its about all kinds of music. I learn, remember and sometimes go listen after visiting there. She has awesome giveaways too, go check out her blog. I know you are going to enjoy it as much as I do.

Here is something else that was in my Easter basket from Mary. Its a pretty purple, pink, and blue yarn. I have already used it. In a previous post HERE I told you I made a netting to hang my yarn (like you make for toys). This is the yarn I made it with and I am happy to say it's still hanging, not stretched out and I am very happy with it. 

It's always a great day when I get new yarn! Any yarn. I have so little that every little ball helps. I appreciate it so much, those of us that crochet for stress know how much a yarn stash means, as I am sure does every crocheter, illness or not. She also sent me a little bag full of stitch markers. Those of you that read and follow may know that I have a hard time crocheting in the round. Thank goodness for these little pins. I love these kind best because the actually close, the ones I have slip off. I was super happy with these little bits of crochet heaven. <3 <3 <3


So all in all, here is my haul....;-)


I want to say thank you to Rebecca at RE*SOLVE
and GLITZ N' GRITS for hosting such a fun blog swap. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I got to know a few new blogs and bloggers and really, that's what it's all about. Sharing our blogs (and a piece of ourselves) and getting out there. We write, and blog to share with you. I enjoy writing, and I know I am not an English Major but I love it. I love a comment when they come, its like I made a new friend. 

Come visit here, and the blogs above. You will learn something from each one of them. 

Tomorrow is the reveal on twitter @ #BBSwap so I am going to wait for before I reveal what I got for Angela. I don't want to ruin the surprise.

I had so much fun, thanks again to all the hosts. I loved it! 

If you have a pen pal, or belong to a group that does stuff like this let me know! I am always up for a fun swap and getting to meet new people. Fun thing about this swap? My blog is basically crochet, and a few reviews when I feel like its something I will use or am interested in, but Mary's blog is music. It's really nice to have the change of pace. 

I forget that not everyone crochet's.....

My most heart felt THANK YOU to all involved and to my readers too. I wouldn't be here if 20 of you were not reading, lol
THANKS!
~Crystal












No comments:

Post a Comment