Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Under the Weather

I haven't updated in a few days because I have been under the weather. This morning I woke up to pouring rain and no sun. I went back to bed. When I got up at 10 I had a fever. I took a shower and just couldn't motivate myself so I went back to bed. (See a pattern here?) Well, here I am. I'm in bed watching Best Ink. Can't say I wish I was doing anything else at the moment.
Well, what did you think about the super bowl? Personally I thought it sucked. This time the commercials were the best part. It was a terrible example of football. 
Congratulations to Seattle Seahawks!

This picture cracked me up. I think I would have done the same thing!


Last night I decided to make chocolate chip peanut butter cookies from my app on ALLRECIPES. I wasn't all that pleased with the dough and the cookies, although soft inside were crumbly on the outside. They got eaten though. Nothing lasts long in my house. I'll post the recipe so you can try it out for yourself. I did add 3/4 cup of pb, plus I substituted the half cup of white sugar for brown. I would make them again but make sure my dough was a little more moist. My bf loved them and I am having one right now. I am gonna log off for now. NAP TIME!!!
  

Original recipe makes 2 dozen     
DIRECTIONS:
 


  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment