Saturday, January 23, 2016

Crocheting through the 1st snowstorm of 2016!

Hello to all of you!

We are snowed in here in West Virginia. The snowstorm dumped about a foot so far. It has continuously snowed for 2 days now. Thats a good thing because my partner will be able to get out and work. This is the time of year he makes the best payday. No one wants to go outside and I cant blame them.

Here are 2 pictures of the past 2 days. Its the 1st snowstorm of 2016!


This is the picture from the first day, it was a white out.


Here is a picture from this morning. You can tell by the rooftops how much snow we really got.
Our roads are bad, and there isn't a movement in town. Our stores are even closed. We are thankful that it's not a heavy snow because that's when the power lines get icy and heavy and we don't want the power to go out. 


I have been working on my Masa Bag and it's almost finished but the handles. I tried to take a step by step picture so you could figure out the folding. All the folding instructions I have found have been a little complicated and not real clear. The bag is finished all but the handles, buttons, and weaving in ends. It turned out lovely. This will be the second one I have made.


This is the rectangle. I used chunky yarn so it only took a day to make it. You have to make sure no matter how big or small your bag is, it needs to be the length has to be 3 times the width and you should have no problem at all. 


This is the first corner you fold.


This is the second fold. 


Now once you have both ends folded (you may want to put a stitch marker or a couple darning needles in place to hold those two folds. Now you take the bag and fold it in the middle. Once you get to looking good you notice it folds right into the bag. Easy peasy, right?

I love the look of the Masa Bag and there are so many options to make it your own.

I will get to working on the handles today, and I will get it seamed up. 

A quick, cute bag, what could be better?

Here is something else I am working on. I don't usually do CAL'S because I cant keep up most of the time but I found a CAL from last year and its an Afghan Sampler. 

There will be 20 9 inch squares, 5 rows 4 squares each, 10 sample stitches X's 2. 2 squares a month using one sample stitch. One square in solid colors, and the second square can be in 2 colors. That's 20 9 inch squares. Not hard at all!

Here is my first square.


Here is my first square. Its done in SC in the back loops only. I love how rigid the stitch is. Now the only thing I have to do is make the other matching square. I am not sure if I am going to do a solid square or a couple colors. The instructions say to make the second square in 2 colors but I am seriously thinking about just making mine in just solids. This is a great stash buster!


Here are the colors I am thinking about using. One spring green, and another green that's more of a mossy color, with the cream thrown in I think it will be gorgeous.

The CAL came from the Inspired Wren. 

Here is the link if you would like to look at it yourself.


This is all I have to share with you today. It is so bad out I am going to take a day and just crochet. Maybe I can make some progress.

I hope you have a warm day wherever you are. Make sure you have staples because you never know what can happen.


Have a great day and keep crocheting!

Thanks for stopping by! I will update more once I finish the WIP'S.

~Crystal
















No comments:

Post a Comment