Friday, October 24, 2014

New Ideas & New Projects


Good Morning!
I have been crocheting like a mad woman here lately and wanted to ask you what you think of my newest project. I have been scouring Pinterest for crocheted kitchen towels, dish cloths and towel hangers. Since I only taught myself to crochet about 2 weeks ago I think its working out quite nicely. I decided to make the towel hangers first. Here is the pattern that I wanted to make: 


I tried it. You have to crochet around a ponytail holder or a plastic can ring. I decided to try and make my own pattern. I started crocheting and here is what I came up with.


This is the peaches and cream 100% cotton yarn from walmart, it was $1.77. I can get 2 holders and 2 dish cloths from one ball. I decided not to crochet around anything to make the loops to put the towel through. On mine, you just loop over your handle and pull your towel through. Super simple, made with a sl st, sc, & dc only. It took me 15 minutes to make the hanger and about 30 for the dishcloth, not too bad. I figure anyone would love to get a set w/ matching towel for X-mas.

Here is another I made. The top pic is what I tried to mimick. This has the crocheted towel attatched to it.



Not too bad, its useable although I dont know what I was thinking making a white towel with a mechanic boyfriend. (sigh)


Here is my crochet mug coozie. They are all over Pinterest and I decided to try to make one. Turned out great, dont ya think?




One more thing before I go. Here are a set of face scrubbies. I got this idea from Pinterest too. Dont you just love Pinterest? These are reuseable. Very cute and easy!

As I leave you today I want to show you my deal of the century. 


PLANTERS! I got these on clearance at our local DG. I paid....get ready,....a whole $2 bucks!

Makes me want to skip winter and go straight to spring. 

Thanks for hanging out with me this morning. 
Ill be back soon.
Keep crafting & crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment