Saturday, February 6, 2016

Emma's Name Bunting and a WIP



Hello! I am glad you stopped by to visit!

I have a few things to share with you today. 

First off I am going to start with the project I just finished.

This is a bunting with my niece's name.


It's just a simple triangle in dc, with a sc border to attach them together.

Surface crochet is how I made the letters.


I plan to add little pom-poms at the beginning and end.


Almost finished! It turned out really cute once I got the spacing of the letters to match. It's harder than it looks. This is the first time I have ever done surface crochet. It was fairly easy once I got the hang of it.

The pattern came from Pink Milk.

It's an easy tutorial. I took part of hers and added my flair.

Next on the list is the WIP I am working on.

This crochet blanket was a gift to me in pieces. It came in a huge see through plastic garbage bag. It was basically all made, just not put together. I cant imagine making all these flowers and hexys and not putting them together. 

I couldn't find the pattern anywhere. I did find a quilt in the same pattern and was going to go by that but I decided to ask on the blog and ravelry to see if anyone knew what the crochet pattern was called. To my surprise I got several responses. I finally found the pattern. This is the picture of the blanket made (not mine).


It's really pretty although my colors are different.

Here is another look....


I think it's beautiful.

Here are my bits and pieces.



This is what I have put together so far. 

Now I have to attach the white hexy's to the flowers.



Whoever started this blanket made all the flowers in random colors. I have 12 more flowers with 12 white hexy's around. All the flowers have yellow centers.

I have a lot of whip stitching to do. 

I have a queen sized bed and its going to cover it nicely.

Its thick and is going to be very warm.

I wish I knew who started it so I could say thank you!

I have one more thing to share with you today.

Its not crochet but its so darn cute I had to show you.

Her name is Jezzy...


and I don't know how she went to sleep like this but she did.

Isn't she cute. She is my partner in yarny things. She thinks she is helping.


I am still working on the sampler blanket. I have 8 squares now. Only 12 more to go!

This is just a quick post to share with you today.

I hope you liked all I have going on.

It's hard to concentrate when I have chemo, and all the things that go along with cancer but I am doing it slowly and I am proud that I got all my other WIP'S done.

What's on your hook?


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

I read and answer all comments! I enjoy hearing from you.

~Crystal


























No comments:

Post a Comment