Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mom's Vanilla Bean Scarf

Good Afternoon!
I know it's been awhile since I last posted.
I will be posting a couple pages. I have several projects I want to show you but I want to link them up so they have to be separate. Please bear with all my posts. Thanks :-)
Thank goodness the holidays are over and I can get back into my normal routine. 
Jan. is our families birthday month. There are 4 or 5 special occasions this month. 
In a previous post I commented on making my mom a scarf for her birthday. After searching for a pretty, warm pattern, I finally found one on Fiber FLux on YouTube.
Here is the link I used for this tutorial.


Here is how mine turned out. It's crocheted in the V-stitch. I am new to crochet but this stitch is very easy and it looks pretty and lacy. 
I used regular skein of Red Heart Mulberry Mix. I have a few rows left (her birthday is the last day of Jan). It took me almost a whole skein.


I am not quite done but I think its turned out well. 
The stitch is lacy but warm. Its in gorgeous muted shades of purple.
I think she will love it.
Its a great beginner scarf.
Try it!
Happy Hookin!

No comments:

Post a Comment