Saturday, February 13, 2016

Just a little update....

Hello!


A warm welcome!

I have a few things to share today. Some crocheting, some not. 

I recently put a call out to all my friends and followers, and they returned the love with balls of lovely yarn. 
Nothing better than getting yarn in the mail as a surprise and I still have a few coming.

I got this from my friend Roni, she came to see me while I was in the hospital when I first got diagnosed. We went to highschool together. Isnt it great when a friendship lasts 20+ years?

I ADORE Roni and her big heart.


These little balls of yarn are so yummy. I have a t-shirt I want to make and these little skeins will make the color changes easy and I won't have to figure out what looks best together. I think there are 24 little skeins of yarn. They don't have a weight but they are acrylic and I would say about 25-30g balls. This selection was from MIRA HANDCRAFTS.

The next little package from Roni was the little balls of sparkly yarn from BOMBONS.

I love the little sparkles. I have no clue what to do with these but I can picture them as an edging or a sparkly stripe here and there to brighten up a pattern.


So many pretty colors, I especially love the purple, navy and the bronzy one at the very top left.

Such a nice gift!

Since it's Valentine's Day this weekend I will show you the garland I whipped up in Sugar and Cream cotton. Its simple hearts and I joined together as I went.


Its fairly long, there are about 15-20 hearts.



I just strung them on my little tree for pictures sake. I am going to hang them on my poster bed as I szush up my bedroom for our Valentine's Day. 

I am still working on the HIP SQUARES BEACH TOTE from THE STITCHIN MOMMY


It's really getting there and I can tell what it's going to look like now and I love it so far. I am about 40 rows into it, more than halfway if you don't count the strap. I made mine from acrylic, and her's is made from cotton but it's still turning out great. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favorite bags I have made, and I have made a lot of bag. I think they are my favorite to work on. (my previous posts discuss this bag)

I have been slowly whip stitching my way thru all the flowers that go on my "Grandma's Garden" donated afghan. It's not hard. Just time consuming. It's going to be heavy and warm. Plus, the colors are bright like spring. I will love it when its done. I just cant get into it because its someone elses work. I think thats it, Im still not sure.





This is how it's progressing, and the last picture is a finished garden that a nice person sent me to help when I was looking for the crocheted version of the quilt.

I would have chose a different color of edging, and I still might add one. I just don't know if I have the Umph to do it.

Just one more thing to show you. I think it's awesome, and although I don't knit very well or often (I am totally a beginner) I would hang this in my house in a second. I LOOOOOVE it!


I just think it's original and everyone should have one. I have no clue where it came from. I came across it in a flickr photo, or a search. 

I just think its too neat for words. I may try to find the seller, I love it that much. Notice how many time I said "love", it must be because Valentine's Day is tomorrow!

I have a few romantic plans for tomorrow. 

It's best not to discuss that here ;-)

I also had something great come in the mail.

A WIG! It's cold here in WV and there are several websites that offer free wigs and I found 2 that are very legit.

This is the wig that came. 


It's really cute, blunt and layered and pretty close to my natural hair color as far as I know. It's been 20+ years since I have seen my natural color. The bangs need a little trim but all in all it looks great on and now I have a choice between rocking the bald look and looking professional if I have too.


Isn't the back gorgeous?

This wig free for cancer patients came from alex@ebeauty.com They will take your diagnosis papers in an attachment in an email. That's all they ask for. It was super easy.
The website has some problems but the email works fine. It only took 3-4 days to get it.

Another legit free wig site for cancer patients is called lollyslocks.org. They have a phone interview with you, it's that easy!

So a little crochet, a little art and a little info for you today.

I hope all of you have a special day tomorrow with your loved ones.

Have a great day!

~Crystal






















No comments:

Post a Comment